Saturday, February 20, 2010

Normal Size Of Thyroid In Cm I Have A Thyroid Goiter And Want To Shrink It, Anyone Have Any Advice?

I have a thyroid goiter and want to shrink it, anyone have any advice? - normal size of thyroid in cm

I had an accident independent and MRI revealed a chronic disease, he mass about 2.3 cm in the left lobe of the thyroid. I have a blood test and my T3, T4 and TSH were within normal limits. Then he took an ultrasound and told me to have a toxic nodular goiter. The left lobe thriod extended 4.8x1.4x1cm measurement. The isthrnmus is within normal limits. Normal symmetrical about the homogeneity of the thyroid parenchyma. Node complex heterogeneous involing more 4x2.2x2.6cm left lobe. Both cystic and solid components with color Doppler in him.

The doctor wants me to have absorption test and needle biopsy. Therefore, the results, regardless, delete 3 different doctirs simple if it is something in the Ro --ad. I have no other signs or symptoms of the page to a weight gain of my thyroid problem. I will not operate if they have cancer, and I prefer to quit at this point, but the next two tests are presented as a necessity in terms of size. What do you think about the tests and operations on the basis of this information and is somewhat reduced. Thank you.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is interesting that you gain weight with a toxic goiter. It is interesting to note that the TSH is normal, since the toxic hormone more nodes removed, and TSH below. This usually leads to weight loss, but sometimes weight gain.

I think you could probably radioactive iodine for thyroid if they do not want surgery? But this question is in the hormone replacement indefinitely found. I follow the advice of his doctors, especially if they seem to be concerned about the nodes. Hope you feel better soon!

Post a Comment